Oliver Twist is born in a workhouse. Oliver ‘s female parent died when she was giving birth to him so he became an orphan. In the orphanhood, where he spends the first nine old ages of his life, they gave him the name Oliver Twist. One twenty-four hours he is sent by Mr. Bumble ( a atrocious adult male ) to a casket shaper. There he besides was n’t treated good and so he ran off to London. In London he met Fagin, Nancy and Bill Sikes. Bill and Fagin wanted to do a condemnable out of Oliver. One twenty-four hours he had to interrupt into a big house with Sikes and they got caught. Bill Sikes and his assistant ran off and Oliver ( who was shot ) got back to the house they wanted to interrupt into and Rose Maylie took attention of him. Meanwhile, Nancy learned about Oliver ‘s yesteryear. She went to Rose and Mr. Brownlow ( a nice adult male who besides had taken attention of Oliver before ) to state them about Oliver ‘s history. It turned out that Oliver ‘s individuality was found. He had a stepbrother named Monks, who was besides a condemnable. Monks did n’t desire anyone to cognize that because he wanted to maintain his familial money for himself. Meanwhile, Fagin found out that Nancy had helped Oliver and that she had told everything to Rose and Mr. Brownlow. The effects were that Nancy got killed by Bill Sikes ( her ain lover ) and that Bill Sikes ran off after he killed Nancy but by chance hanged himself. Fagin and the remainder of the bad cats got caught. Finally Oliver was adopted by Mr. Brownlow and they bought a house stopping point to Rose.
The book Oliver Twist was written in the Victorian period ( 1838 ) .
The features found in the book:
Hire a custom writer who has experience.
It's time for you to submit amazing papers!
– In the book is a large difference between societal categories. The rich people are more of import and have more power than the hapless people. The high societal category looks down on the low category.
For illustration: when Nancy comes into Rose Maylies house, the people there are disgusted of Nancy and they do n’t swear her, because she ‘s hapless and foul. Besides, because Oliver Twist is an orphan and has no money, his hereafter is already determined. He has to populate in poorness and work in a workhouse and he ca n’t make things he likes. The society really determines everything.
– Work force are superior to adult females. Men believe adult females merely have a twosome of intents. Women ca n’t hold an sentiment. In the book, Nancy does everything the work forces say she has to make, she obeys them. The work forces look down upon adult females. So the hapless adult females are the most discriminated. There is a patriarchal society.
– An intrusive writer. Charles Dickens sometimes ‘talks ‘ to you in the book, tells a spot of the narrative and remarks.
– The scene is realistic and reflects feelings. In the hapless vicinity, there ‘s about ever rain and clay and soil but when Oliver Twist is with Rose Maylie, the Sun radiances and everything seems beautiful and right ( because he ‘s happy ) .
The characters do n’t develop a batch on the whole.
– Oliver Turn: he is the chief character of the book. Oliver is ever good and honest and even though a batch of bad things happen to him, he stays like he ever has been, he ne’er steps to the ‘bad side ‘ . He merely obeys the work forces he ‘s working for, because he ‘s afraid of them and he does n’t cognize what to make, he ‘s merely a kid. He does n’t really develop a batch in the book.
Cipher believes he ‘s a good male child ( except for Mister Brownlow and Rose ) but he tries to turn out so. ‘ He hoped he could make something to demo his gratitude. ‘
– Nancy: at first she seems like a strong independent adult female with her ain sentiment. It seems like she does n’t care about a thing but she really has a batch of feelings and does care about Oliver. That ‘s why she tries to salvage him from the bad cats by stating Rose the truth and she took her portion for Oliver. Nancy says, for Oliver, to Rise: ‘I am about to set my life and the lives of others in your manus. ‘
She does n’t desire to be a stealer but she ca n’t go forth Sikes and she thinks her life ca n’t be changed any longer.
– Rose Maylie: after Oliver got shooting, she took attention of him. She ‘s a nice immature lady and she ‘s non similar many other rich individuals ( in the book ) . She ever sees something good in person, that ‘s why they spare Oliver Twist. Rose said: ‘can you truly believe that this delicate male child can be the voluntary associate of the worst castawaies of society? ‘
Because of her aid, everyone discovers the truth about Oliver and that ‘s how it all turned out merely mulct.
– Monks: he is the stepbrother of Oliver. He is prepared to make anything merely to acquire the money, because money is everything. He is even prepared to kill his ain brother Oliver. This shows that in these times, money was power and power was everything.
The Main Subject: I think the chief subject is the difference between societal categories. A batch of jobs with the society occurred back so and everything depended on the fact that you were rich or hapless.
Aim of Charles Dickens: this book was written as unfavorable judgment on the society. Dickens was a societal reformist. He shows this in his books, besides in Oliver Twist. I think he wanted to indicate out the jobs in the society and that the differences between societal categories were n’t right.
Own sentiment: the book was n’t every bit easy to read as I had thought. Sometimes a batch of unimportant information was told and so I thought it was difficult to read because it was a small spot deadening. But besides this, I thought it was a good written book with a clear purpose. The narrative was interesting, I had ne’er read a book about this topic before.
H & A ; agrave ; Ngo, 5A